The NewVision SearchNG (.NET) Public Search Module allows for search
and retrieval of all documents within the Official Records system and utilizes
the same application for both local and remote access. Whether the application is used on a
public workstation in the clerk’s office or is accessed remotely over the
internet, the same display and print capabilities are available with the same
look and feel. Search criteria are
entered by the user and a list of results are returned in a summary format. When a resulting record is selected,
the document details and images are displayed. Please note images
are only available to
Please note images are only available to Registered Users
Two search screens are available in the NewVision SearchNG Public Search module, the Standard Search and Advanced Search screens. Both search, retrieve and display the same data, but present the search entry screen differently to the user.
The standard search uses a tab-based format allowing data to be entered on each search entry tab and displays information in individual search result tabs. The Standard Search screen is recommended for the general public (i.e. casual user) due to its simple, easy to understand format.
The Advanced Search screen displays all of the available search criteria on one screen and presents the results in a detached window. Each of the Search criteria fields can be used to refine the return set. The Advanced Search is recommended for advanced users (i.e. title searchers).
The name search is extremely flexible, allowing for multiple names to be searched. The search can return all the documents that contain ALL of the names or ANY of the names. All of the search criteria, such as name, date, and/or document type, can be used in combination in a single search to narrow the results.
· Party Name Search: The Party Name search criteria are used to search for a specific name. An automatic wild card is included in the search; this ensures that all names that begin with the data entered will be returned.
o Using the More Names button allows entry of an unlimited number of names to be included in the search. This can be used for common misspellings, abbreviations or searching two first names with a very common last name, in a single search.
o Two-party search – The two-party search enables the user to search for documents using an "and" clause with two names. Using the Party Name and Second Party Name search fields in combination will return only documents with BOTH names. This may be used in order to narrow the results when looking for a document with two very common names.
The search results are retuned in a grid style screen. Each line represents a party name on a document.
o Right mouse clicking on the search results screen will display a list of commands available to the user.
o Highlighting a record and pressing F2 displays detail of the document on the right of the screen.
Pressing F5 displays the
image for the highlighted record for
Registered Users only.
Registered Users only.
· Document Type and Group: A document group is defined in the document-type table via the Administration module. The defined groups will consist of multiple document types. A document group(s) is chosen from a list and can include one or more document types. When a document group is specified for the search, all of the documents which are recorded with the specified document types in the group will be returned.
· Book and Page Search: The Book and Page search provides the user with a quick return set if the actual book and page of a specific document is known. Additionally, an entire book can be returned by selecting the book/page type from the dropdown list then entering the book number only. Using the ‘Include Linked Documents’ feature will return the searched document and all documents related to the search document. For example, if a Mortgage is searched, all related documents, such as an assignment or satisfaction will also be returned.
· Clerks File Number Search: The Clerks instrument number search works much the same way as the book and page search described above. The user will enter a instrument number or range of file numbers and the system will return all documents that match the search criteria. In addition, the linked document feature can be used on a single instrument number to return the searched document and all of the related documents.
· Consideration Search: The consideration search searches the amount of consideration entered at the time of recording. For example, a $200,000 Mortgage will have a consideration of 200,000 and a $300,000 Deed will have a consideration of 300,000. The consideration search is used mostly in combination with document type and date. The commas are not necessary and are ignored by the search.
The search results and columns of the search results screen (aka the hit list) will dynamically change based on the type of the search. For example, if the user searches on the party name, the search results will return the matched party names and sorted by party name.
· Sorting: The columns returned can be ordered by clicking on the heading of each column. A sort box can be displayed that will allow multiple columns to be included in the sort. The default sort will be based on the search criteria. For example, if party name was used as the search criteria then the party name will be used as the default sort. After the search results are returned, the sort can be changed by clicking on any of the columns or the above mentioned sort box that allows sorting to be performed on multiple columns.
· Search History: The criteria used for previous searches are saved in a history list and can be reloaded for a new search simply by clicking from the list when using the advanced search screen.
· Document Detail (F2): The document detail section can be displayed for the highlighted document. The document detail is displayed on the right side of the search results. The search results will be displayed continually. As the user scrolls up and down the result list, the detail section is updated for the selected document.
· Chained Searches: From the returned hit list, a new search can be initiated on certain field values simply by right-clicking on the value and choosing New Search: The results will be retuned in the current tab.
Image Viewing (F5) available for
Registered Users only
Registered Users only: The document images are viewed in a floating window which will allow the image to be moved to a second monitor if desired. The image viewer can be sized to the users’ requirements. The image viewer has the capability to zoom, flip, rotate and move to any desired page number. A separate magnifier window can be opened to zoom in on any rectangular area of an image. This window can be rotated and printed independent of the main image window. Optionally, images can be displayed with a thumbnail view. When thumbnails are selected, all of the thumbnails for the document display in a scrollable area to the left of the image. Selecting a thumbnail brings up that image page in the display window.